On Friday, April 28th our school community will be participating in our annual day of service, the 2017 Rams Reaching Out. This year’s theme is in honor of Saint Teresa of Calcutta as we honor her canonization into sainthood. Please plan to join us during mass to kick off the day at 8:15am. After that, each grade will be participating in service projects within our community in conjunction with Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas and their programming.
Click here to check out all the great learning going on at St. Agnes!
We are headed into 4th quarter…and what a year it’s been! Here are some updates from a few of our classroom adventures:
- The 3rd graders went on a field trip to the amazing Coterie Theater…they saw a great production of “No Talking,” a humorous slant on kindness and respect in school! They were great representatives of St. Agnes.
- Our preschoolers took advantage of this great weather and picked up trash around the school…they are taking good care of all of us!
- Our students are still rockin’ it on our Mathletics team…7th grade placed 1st, 4th, 5th and 6th all placed 2nd! Wahoo!
- Our middle schoolers all researched, created and presented their science fair projects!
- In reading, the 5th graders are working on their character development…looking at character perspective including antagonist and protagonist topics!
On Monday, a few teachers and leaders attended The Leader in Me conference to learn more about how to incorporate these strategies into our daily curriculum. Our teachers learned some great lessons! Click here to learn more about these strategies.
Later in the week, a few teachers attended the first FIRE (Foundation for Inclusive Religious Education) Conference in Kansas City. This is a great opportunity to showcase our resource team and why an inclusive education benefits everyone! Click here to learn more about FIRE.
We have a community of learners! Thank you!
Your Support Helped Us Raise over $270,000!
What a great time we had at the 21st Annual St. Agnes Catholic School Auction on Saturday night! We want to thank you all for your support. You have truly made a difference for students at St. Agnes by raising over $270,000.
- Online bidding opened the week of the auction and encouraged participation and enthusiasm before the auction night. The competitive bidding benefits our students! Thank you to the solicitation and data entry committee for soliciting and processing all of the wonderful gifts.
- We loved seeing your dance moves during the celebration after the live auction! Thank you for keeping the party going to the early morning.
- We saw great videos showcasing what St. Agnes represents and how our students are becoming the leaders of tomorrow! Thank you to the group of teachersfor planning, filming, and producing the video.
- We enjoyed the delicious and beautiful dinner and desserts. Thank you to Sean Duntz and theteam of current parents and parishioners, who put in countless hours to make the memorable meal.
- We changed the layout and decoration of the gym. This enabled us better flow and a better guest experience. Thank you to the hospitality committee for lending us your expertise and creativity.
- We implemented a new way to signup to volunteer. Our volunteersfrom the school families, friends, and parishioners were fantastic! 118 school families donated over 2,500 hours to the auction.
- You helped us raise over $57,000.00 in our Fund-A-Need to help us build our own STREAM labs.
- You helped us raise over $35,000.00 in Car Raffle Tickets. Thank you Don & Patty Kincaid and State Line Nissan for donating the 2017 Nissan Sentra SR.
- Thank you to auction chairs Matt & Shawna Wright for their leadership to make this year’s auction a success.
- We look forward to working with incoming auction chairs Yoly and Larry Nordling to make the 2018 auction another proud and successful event.
This is what makes our community so great! Click here…and check it out!
Thank you again for your support!
It’s this weekend…hope you have a baby-sitter (if you need one) and your sailing clothes are packed! There is a lot to celebrate and we’re glad your joining us this Saturday, February 18. We’ve got an evening planned of fun, festivities and fundraising to benefit the students of St. Agnes.
Silent Auction and Special Opportunities will start the evening…here is a rundown of our evening:
5:30pm Doors Open: Check-in and dinner service begins
7:45pm Program begins
8:00pm Live auction begins, dinner service ends
10:00pm Last silent auction room closes
10:30pm Live auction ends, car raffle
10:45pm DJ Flo starts the party
1:00am Party ends
This year’s Fund-a-Need…check out our future leaders of America…we need you! Donate to our Fund-a-Need this year! Don’t be shy…share this with others who need to see how awesome our students are…our future! Click here to hear from our students.
New this year! Online bidding is available early! Check out all of the great items you can bid on. Make a watch list and start bidding. IF YOU ARE REGISTERED WITH YOUR CELL PHONE NUMBER, you would have received a text message that online bidding is open and ready!
Do you know someone who is out of town or unable to attend the auction? They can still support St. Agnes by registering and bidding online. Click here to participate from afar!
Click here for instructions and guidelines for online bidding! It’s easy and fun!
Be ready to bid on any silent auction items as well as other special opportunities including class parties for the kids, class artwork, the Poker Party and the Cuban Backyard Bash.
We can’t wait to see you on Saturday!! Thank you for your support of our amazing St. Agnes community.
We need your help to take our STREAM (Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) programming to the next level. We are ready for our STREAM lab…you can help make that happen!
Click here to see why this is so important to our students!
We will celebrate the choice of a Catholic education January 20-February 4. Check out our activities for the week:
Monday, January 30: Community Day will include activities such as writing letters and cards for our local nursing homes, hospitals, police and fire stations. 2:00pm Geography Bee
Tuesday, January 31: Vocations Day will include a 2:30pm Vocations Assembly in the gym.
Wednesday, February 1: Parent Appreciation Day will include a mass at 8:15am and a Spelling Bee at 2:00pm.
Thursday, February 2: Teacher Appreciation Day will include a meal prepared special for the teachers.
Friday, February 3: Student Appreciation Day when the students can wear their spirit wear and they will get to do special activities in their classrooms all hosted by PTO.
Plan to join us as we celebrate the choice of a Catholic education.