Ram’s Café offers delicious, nutritious, well-balanced meals daily. We offer a daily hot meal, prepared in our kitchen, accompanied by our fresh salad bar that includes many fruits and vegetables. The salad bar is hearty enough to stand alone as a meal. Milk is also offered daily and can be purchased separate from the hot lunch or salad bar options. Served most Friday’s is our students’ favorite meal of fresh, homemade pizzas (and their parents, when they come for a lunchtime visit)!
New for the 2016-2017 School Year, St. Agnes is partnering with My School Bucks to make it easier than ever to pay for school lunches.
This online payment service provides a quick and easy way to add money to your student’s meal account using a credit/debit card or electronic check.
- Go to www.MySchoolBucks.com and register for a free account.
- Add your students using their school name and date of birth.
- Make a payment to your students’ accounts with your credit/debit card or electronic check.
Cafeteria Account and Payment Policies
$4.10 per meal per day for students
$4.65 per meal per day for adults
$.35 for milk
$3.00 for an adult salad
Payments can be made at any time by cash or check or by logging in and updating My School Bucks. Checks should be made to “St. Agnes.” Payments should be placed in an envelope marked with the student’s name and turned in to the school office. The funds will be added to the student’s account by the next day. Parents can pay ahead as much as they wish (either by check, cash or by using the online My School Bucks option). Parents may send one payment to be applied to multiple students’ accounts. All students’ names must be included with the payment. The total payment will divide payments equally among siblings unless
- One student’s account is negative (this student’s account will be paid first).
- Parents request payment to be divided differently (please include these details along with payment).
Student’s Cafeteria Accounts:
Every student has a separate cafeteria account which allows St. Agnes and parents to track what each student spends. Account status letters will include balance amounts will be sent to parents under the following circumstances:
- The first of every month, letters are sent to all parents.
- Parents request a balance statement. (A ledger of the student’s purchases can be included as well.)
- Every Friday if a student’s account is less than the amount to purchase 3 days of lunches.
- A student’s account balance has gone negative.
Parents need to be aware of the status of the students accounts and accounts must be kept current. It is the policy of the St. Agnes School Cafeteria that if a student’s account is negative by the amount required to purchase five meals that the student will be restricted to only the salad bar option at lunch. If a student’s account is negative by the amount required to purchase ten meals, the student will no longer be able to purchase a cafeteria lunch until the balance is paid.
USDA prohibits discrimination against its customers. If you believe you experienced discrimination when obtaining services from USDA, participating in a USDA program, or a program that receives financial assistance from USDA, you may file a complaint with USDA. OASCR, through the Office of Adjudication, will investigate and resolve complaints of discrimination in programs operated or assisted by USDA.
Click here for more information.