Drop Off & Pick Up Procedures
The office is open for business from 7:30 a.m. until 3:45 p.m.
Arrival and Dismissal Times:
Students are not to arrive earlier than 7:30 a.m. The school doors will be open at 7:30 a.m. and all students are to go directly to the cafeteria. A teacher will supervise students during this time. Students must be in class no later than 8:00 a.m. Please refer to the school calendar and weekly newsletters for any change in the normal school schedule.
Grade School (Grades K through 8):
Normal school schedule: 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Half-day school schedule: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
Morning Drop off:
All vehicles will enter the parking lot from either Mission Rd or 53rd Street. They are to proceed to the south side of the building. Vehicles entering from Mission Rd are to pull forward to the stop sign or cone near the end of the crosswalk before unloading students. Students are to exit on the passenger’s side for safety. All other school doors will be locked. The east side of the school is not available as a drop off zone from 7:30-8:05 a.m. Students who arrive after 8:00 a.m. may only be dropped off at the front entrance and must be signed in by a parent or guardian.
Pick Up Procedures:
Release of students
All students will be released to parents or guardians only unless alternate arrangements for pick-up have been made for the day. If your child will be picked up by someone other than a parent or guardian please call or send a note to the office identifying whom your child is going home with on a particular day.
*Any child not picked up by 20 minutes following dismissal will be taken to extended care and assessed a fee through their family FACTS account. (i.e. 3:50pm on full days and 12:20pm on half days)
All students in a family or carpool are to wait in the same area as the youngest child in the group for pick–up. Family nameplates must be displayed on the car window so that they are visible to teachers loading students. Dismissal is not a time to conference with teachers. It is essential to our students’ safety that the teachers’ attention is on our students at this time.
If your child is delayed in the school building and is not ready for pick up when your vehicle is in the designated pick up zone, you will be directed to pull into a specific parking zone as to not delay traffic. All pickup locations are on St. Agnes property. Please do not ask your child to meet you at an alternate location.
- Children will use the crosswalk to cross to the sidewalk next to the church and wait for their ride. Parents are to pull their vehicle up to the pick-up zone.
- Parents will enter the east parking lot from Mission Road on the south of the building side and follow the arrows and cones in a double file line. The double line will loop around the west side of the parking lot and pull parallel to the church facing east.
- Vehicles will be loaded at least 10 at a time.
- When all vehicles are loaded, drivers will then be allowed to exit through the west side of the parking lot to Mission Road (closest to the church), and the next vehicles will pull forward.
2nd – 8th Grade Students:
- Students will be picked up on the West side of the building at the playground entrance which is a One Way Zone.
- Drivers will enter the school parking lot from the 53rd Street entrance by the Convent.
- There will be a double line of traffic from the entrance to the pick up zone which extends to the north edge of the driveway.
- Up to 20 vehicles will be able to pick up at one time; two rows of 10 vehicles each.
- Vehicles in the right lane will have students load on the passenger’s side. Vehicles in the left lane will have students load on the driver’s side. These students will walk in front of the rows to cross in the crosswalk.
- After all vehicles have loaded their students; they will be permitted to exit.
Parents must sign a walkers permission slip which places the child(ren) on a Walkers List. All walkers on the list will be called to the gym at the end of the school day. A teacher will exit with all walkers to ensure that they depart school safely.