Did You Know?
• St. Agnes is accredited by the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement through June 2020.
• All students (kindergarten through 8th grade) have physical education, music, art, foreign language, and computer technology. These classes are referred to as Specials.
• All students (kindergarten through 8th grade) participate in Faith Families. Each family consists of students from each grade led by the oldest student in the group. They attend mass together and do a variety of activities throughout the school year.
• Kindergarten is an all-day program from 8:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
• St. Agnes has 4 teachers dedicated to ensuring each student is reaching their potential academically. These resource teachers evaluate and work one-on-one with students who need extra help in certain areas and with students who need to be challenged more within their curriculum. Together with the classroom teachers, our St. Agnes faculty work together to design creative curriculum and challenges for our students so each one reaches their full potential.
• St. Agnes offers a great hot lunch program for each student that is affordable and nutritiously appropriate for the age groups.
• Each year, the students of St. Agnes (K-8th grade) participate in a school-wide day of service called Rams Reaching Out. Click here for more information about this amazing day of impact.
• St. Agnes has a uniform policy that is designed to promote not only a neat and orderly appearance, but also a sense of Catholic community. Students are expected to take pride and responsibility in being dressed appropriately at all times.
• In order to assist with parent communication and involvement, each classroom has a Room Parent. This room parent helps to recruit volunteers from the classroom throughout the year and assists teachers with communication to parents regarding various activities and ways to get involved. As a parent, you will get reminders throughout the year from this assigned Room Parent and this person is a great support for new families.
• In 2016, the 7th and 8th graders participated in the Team America Rocketry Challenge (TARC) in Washington, D.C., one of only two schools in Kansas and one of 100 in the nation to do so. The team finished the competition in 29th place in the nation (top 3% of the country). Click here for the entire story.
• There are a variety of clubs available to the students (dependent on grade and skill level) before and after school including Art Club, Mad Science, St. Agnes Science Club, Think Tank, Choir and Bishop Miege Tutoring. New clubs and groups are developed as interest expands.
• The Leader in Me initiative is implemented school-wide. The Lighthouse Team at St. Agnes is part of the Leader in Me program and is open to all 7th and 8th graders. Interested students had to apply and experience an interview with a panel of leaders. In 2017, each student and classroom is making their own mission statements. And, school-wide WIGs were announced (WIGs are wildly important goals). WIG #1: The teachers and staff conducted a survey to record how many students responded to any form of greeting with a response and eye contact. Results showed we were only at 53%! We set a goal to make it to 90%. WIG #2: The whole school is to read for 250,000 minutes in one month!
• St. Agnes Catholic School is participating in the STEAM Studio initiative associated with Gould Evans. STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math. The entire St. Agnes staff is participating in training sessions and educational opportunities to learn how to incorporate into their classrooms. The students will be visiting the STEAM Studio throughout the 2016-2017 school year. Click here for more information.
Please contact the school office at 913-262-1686 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information about the current tuition rate and to schedule a tour. Tours take place on Wednesdays at 2pm. Please contact the school to schedule a tour.