St. Agnes now has another way for students/parents to report hurtful behaviors to school staff. The online report form is located on the school website under the contact us link near the top of the page. Those that fill out the form can choose to include their name or can remain anonymous. This confidential form will be sent directly to the administration and the counselor. Thank you for your help in ensuring that St. Agnes continues to be a kind, safe and Christ-like environment for all students!
What are our students and teachers up to? It’s never dull. Check out just a few of the updates:
- Second graders are on their journey to making their First Communion on April 27. They celebrated the occasion with Jesus Day — a special retreat that is geared toward helping them understand the meaning of their first Communion.
- We’re kicking off April with a countdown to Rams Reaching Out Day. Save the Date! Friday, April 26 is our 2019 Rams Reaching Out Day of service. This year’s theme is Giving Grace. Our annual day of service will be in partnership with Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas.
- Fourth grade celebrated their nominees for The Kindest Kansas Citian by writing an essay about people who make our city more kind. Thank you all for inspiring our students!
- Kindergarten through fifth grade got to experience Body Venture. They learned all about eating smart and playing hard as they traveled through the body. Thanks to all the volunteers that helped make this a fun experience.
We celebrate the choice of a Catholic school education January 27-February 2. What a glorious opportunity to have to bring a Catholic education to our community. This week, we will celebrate our St. Agnes community and parish, the vocations, our parents and teachers and our fabulous students. Join us as we give thanks and praise!
The students and staff have been busy learning new songs and practicing to perform. We will see their fantastic talents celebrating Advent and the coming of Jesus on Thursday, December 13 at 6:30 p.m. Get ready for some great talents to celebrate this great season.
We’re approaching the Christmas break and there’s always a lot going on inside the school walls. Check it out!
- 8th graders are preparing for their Confirmation Sacrament. They recently participated in a service project with their confirmation sponsor.
- 6th graders studied and researched their historical figures to create a Wax Museum for the entire school.
- Kindergartners are using some new math tools to learn their addition facts.
- Preschoolers are learning about waiting and patience through the Advent season.
There’s always something new and exciting going on. Come on by for a visit!
We’re also hosting Welcome Wednesdays. On the following Wednesdays, we’ll host tours at 9:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. for anyone interested in learning more about St. Agnes. We will tour the school while our students and teachers are busy learning and thriving. The dates of these tours will be:
Wednesday, December 19
Wednesday, January 9
Wednesday, January 30
Please call 913-262-1686 or email email@example.com to reserve a spot!