Bring your ghosts and goblins for an evening of fun! Join us for Trunk or Treat in the parking lot at St. Agnes.
Lower parking lot will close at 5:30 p.m. Trunk or Treating will begin at 7:00 pm. Decorated cars parked in the lower lot should remain until Trunk or Treat is over at 8:00 pm.
There will be prizes awarded for best adult costume, best youth costume and best decorated car. Don’t forget to bring your candy to pass out! We look forward to seeing you!
2018 Rams Reaching Out was a total success! Thank you to the parents, staff, teachers, students…everyone who contributed to make this day a memorable one for many.
- 188 Bags of Pasta
- 258 Bags of Coffee
- 1,100 Diapers
- 26 Outfits and 21 Baby Blankets
- 400 books for Foster Grandparents
- 364 Snack Bags for the Summer Food Program
- 415 Personal Care Items for the Resource Bus
- 75 Care Packages for Shalom House
- 156 Protein Balls for Shalom House
- 14 Hand-painted Hope Stones
- 537 Food Items for Hope Distribution Center
- 67 Bags of Clothing and Housewares for TurnStyles Overland Park
- 150 Decorated Grocery Bags for the Food Pantries
- 160 Cards for the Hospice Program
- 160 Books and Decorated Bookmarks for the Summer Food Program Distribution Sites
- 70 Packs Full of School Supplies for the Refugee Summer School Camp
- We had a RECORD NUMBER OF PARENT VOLUNTEERS THIS YEAR. Thank you for taking the day off of work to be at St. Agnes! Your devotion is appreciated.
- Bishop Miege Choir/Miss Christie, Miss Beeves and Miss Thoennes
- Dads Club and Sean McCauley – Lunch!
- DJs Gina and Pete Perez
- Bob and Sy Griggs – Photographers
- Altar and Rosary Society – Lunch Help
- Agnes Parishioners who donated to our many projects.
- Amthor and Mrs. Straub – Video
- Catholic Charities Staff, especially Meg McLaughlin
- Reva McCauley, Jenn Webb, Michelle and John Weber, and Sarah Dee – Station Volunteers
- All of the fabulous parent volunteers who made the day possible, including Homeroom Team Leaders: Jennifer English, Jamie Easum, Amber Smith, Sarah Lubischer, Amanda Peterson, Shawna Wright, Lee Neenan, Tricia Walsh, Susan Marrello, Jessica Salazar Collins, Stephanie Luzar, Melanie Christianson, Kate Reinhart, Michelle Atchity, Mary Ann Vogt, Shannon Benes, Sheila Hansen, Stacey Brandt, and Laura
- Our patient and wonderful teachers and principal who support all of our children on this very busy day of serving our community.
Have dinner at Chipotle and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to St. Agnes to benefit the students of St. Agnes.
Tuesday, January 16, 5:00-9:00 p.m., Chipotle, 6920 Mission Road, Prairie Village
Valid for in-store only (order and pay in restaurant, online orders are not valid).
Mention St. Agnes to be considered for the donation!
Benefit the Students of Saint Agnes this Christmas Season!
We’ve all got Christmas shopping and entertaining this season. Check out how you can help the students of St. Agnes while enjoying the joy of the Christmas season.
December 5-9, The Farmer’s House Market will donate 10% of all sales, on every day, to St. Agnes PTO. The Farmer’s House is located at 4740 Rainbow Boulevard in Westwood and is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Stop by anytime during these five days to shop and our school children and teachers will benefit.
Thursday, December 7, 6:00-9:00 p.m..: Farmer’s House will host a Mom’s Night Out. This evening will include beverages and appetizers while you enjoy some shopping without the kids. The Farmer’s House will donate 10% of all sales throughout this evening.
Online Shopping (Amazon Smile and Amazon SCRIP): Purchase through smile.amazon.com and a percentage of qualifying products and orders will be donated to St. Agnes. You will need to purchase and order through smile.amazon.com in order to be eligible. And, don’t forget to purchase your Amazon SCRIP prior to ordering online.
Shutterfly: Are you printing Christmas cards or giving those personalized gifts? Consider ordering from Shutterfly and 13% of purchases will be donated to St. Agnes PTO. Simply go to sta.shutterflystorefront.com and purchase your items as usual. St. Agnes PTO receives 13% of your sale! Click here for more information!
PTO has been an amazing asset for our St. Agnes community! The PTO is a community group comprised of Kindergarten through eighth grade parents, the school administration and the grade school faculty. The primary goal of PTO is to support – through volunteering and fundraising – the teachers and students.
As a fundraising group, they raise money so our students can participate in field trips throughout the year, engage in class parties and even save our parents money on school supplies. The fundraising initiative is important to our school community!
Be sure to mark your calendars for the upcoming fundraising nights at local restaurants such as Chick-fil-A, Cupini’s and Culver’s…just to name a few! Click here for more information.
There is a lot happening at St. Agnes right now! Fall Festival and Book Fair…both great opportunities to support our parish and our school community.
FALL FESTIVAL: It’s a great community builder…open to everyone!
- Games and Inflatables—the St. Agnes School Families are expected to fill all the shifts for the games and inflatables. There are 60, 45-minute shifts, so we will need everyone’s help! The link to sign up is: https://www.timetosignup.com/stagnes/folder/5121
- Prize Donations—We have already secured 200 light-up yo-yo’s as prizes, but we’ll need more! In the years past, we’ve set a bin outside the office and used the newsletter/school communications to ask the parents and kids to donate prizes for the games. Could we do this again this year?
- Baked Goods—The ever-popular Cake Walk will need baked goods for prizes. We need each family to bring in a baked good for this popular activity! Please bring in your baked goods by Thursday, September 14. They can be brought to the school office and/or the teachers lounge.
- Food and Wristband: $35 for a family of 4 or $10 per person.
- Bring extra spending money:
- PTO is selling t-shirts and car stickers.
- Scrip will be selling gift cards.
- Be kind to the environment…bring your own beverages and help recycle.
This year, we will be honoring Sr. Martina Rocker with cards to celebrate her 75 years of loving service as a sister in the Ursuiline Order. Sister has been a parishioner at St. Agnes since 1957 and there are a lot of memories of her time with us. Cards, photos, letters and stories of those memories can be sent to the Rectory Office or brought to the Fall Festival Homecoming! Please join us in celebrating her commitment to our parish.
BOOK FAIR: Please join us in The Alley September 18-22 for the PTO Book Fair!
This is an annual tradition that supports the St. Agnes library! In 2016, we earned over $2,500 for the library and received 400 books in addition to the cash donations. Thank you, thank you to the many volunteers who assisted and made this fundraiser possible.
Open daily, 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Friday, September 22, 7:30 a.m.-noon
SPECIAL PREVIEW on Saturday, September 16 (at the Fall Festival)
All proceeds benefit the St. Agnes library! Thank you for your support!
Click here to purchase online (the online store is available September 11).
VOLUNTEERS are always needed! Click here to volunteer for a fun shift that will benefit the students!
December SCRIP Competition: December 1-16
Two different ways to win:
- For each $100 SCRIP purchase, school families are entered into a drawing for a $50 SCRIP gift card of choice.
- The school family who earns the most profit for the school will win a $50 SCRIP gift card of choice.
Your Christmas shopping is done! Click here to purchase your SCRIP today!