We’ve finished our first quarter and things at St. Agnes are moving right along. Check out some of the activities and progress inside the walls of St. Agnes:
- Our Quiz Bowl team took 2nd place out of 15 teams. Very impressive representation!
- Our faith families have been meeting periodically. These families are identified with students from all grades and they work together and learn together throughout the year.
- The kindergartners have been studying about guardian angels!
There is always something exciting happening at St. Agnes! Come by to visit!
School is underway and everyone is adjusting to their new classroom norms and schedules! There is a lot of learning, exploring and growing going on. Check it out:
Kindergarten: Kindergarten used the STREAM Maker Space to build “Shade Structures” with a team! The task: build a structure with the materials provided to make shade for a piece of chocolate. Goal: set outside in sun for 10 min without your chocolate melting. Everyone’s structure succeeded!!
7th Grade: The 7th graders are exploring kinetic energy and went outside to test the theories and graph their results.
Preschool: We’re grateful for partnerships with our friends from Bishop Miege High School. Some of the high school students come over to help out in the preschool classrooms. Our young students adore their new role models.
8th Grade: The 8th graders are learning about the Bohr Model and used Skittles to practice!
Check back for updates along the way!
There has been so many successes and highlights from 2016-2017…and there’s still a lot of learning and exploring happening!
- In kindergarten, Q and U got married! It was a great way to learn about the phonics of q and u…and the students loved celebrating a wedding.
- The 4th graders went on a field trip to the Money Museum…money, money, money!
- The 8th graders led the May Crowning celebration.
- The 6th graders went on their field trip to the Day at the K to cheer on the Kansas City Royals and enjoyed a beautiful day outside.
The teachers, students, staff and parents are all looking forward to celebrating the end of another academic year!
We are headed into 4th quarter…and what a year it’s been! Here are some updates from a few of our classroom adventures:
- The 3rd graders went on a field trip to the amazing Coterie Theater…they saw a great production of “No Talking,” a humorous slant on kindness and respect in school! They were great representatives of St. Agnes.
- Our preschoolers took advantage of this great weather and picked up trash around the school…they are taking good care of all of us!
- Our students are still rockin’ it on our Mathletics team…7th grade placed 1st, 4th, 5th and 6th all placed 2nd! Wahoo!
- Our middle schoolers all researched, created and presented their science fair projects!
- In reading, the 5th graders are working on their character development…looking at character perspective including antagonist and protagonist topics!
Mark your calendars…the Christmas Concerts are coming up and the students are practicing!
Wednesday, December 16 will be pre-K through 3rd graders.
Thursday, December 17 will feature the 4th-8th graders.
1st – 8th grade choirs can click this link to practice the songs: Concert Songs