2018 Youth Philanthropy Award by the Association of Fundraising Professionals
We have some very exciting news to share. Our students, teachers and families are being awarded the 2018 Youth Philanthropy Award by the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
Our school is being recognized for our service at our annual Rams Reaching Out Day. For the last 4 years, more than 300 students, parents and teachers have dedicated time and effort by taking the day off of school to donate their time and talents by serving our Kansas City community.
As a community St. Agnes Catholic School has volunteered nearly 10,000 hours for Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas. Last year, our St. Agnes Catholic School community donated:
- 188 Bags of Pasta
- 258 Bags of Coffee
- 1,100 Diapers
- 26 Outfits and 21 Baby Blankets
- 400 books for Foster Grandparents
- 364 Snack Bags for the Summer Food Program
- 415 Personal Care Items for the Resource Bus
- 75 Care Packages for Shalom House
- 156 Protein Balls for Shalom House
- 14 Hand-painted Hope Stones
- 537 Food Items for Hope Distribution Center
- 67 Bags of Clothing and Housewares for TurnStyles Overland Park
- 150 Decorated Grocery Bags for the Food Pantries
- 160 Cards for the Hospice Program
- 160 Books and Decorated Bookmarks for the Summer Food Program Distribution Sites
- 70 Packs Full of School Supplies for the Refugee
We are not only helping Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas further their mission but together we continue to instill a level of caring, commitment and contribution in our students’ lives. We are showing our students first-hand what it means to have empathy and care for others.
We will accept the 2018 Youth Philanthropy Award on November 14, which also happens to be National Philanthropy Day KC. I thank you again for your continued support.
I look forward to how our 2019 Rams Reaching Out Day will strengthen our faith and commitment to the Gospel values. Save the date: Friday, April 26th.
You can view the fabulous 2018 Rams Reaching Out Day Video created by Mrs. Amthor and Mrs. Straub here.
National Philanthropy Day Celebration: Change the World With a Giving Heart
Hosted by Association of Fundraising Professionals, MidAmerica Chapter
November 14, 2018
Join us in recognizing our 2018 honorees:
2018 Philanthropists of the Year
Pat and Beth McCown
2018 Youth Philanthropy
Saint Agnes Catholic School
2018 Business Philanthropist of the Year
2018 Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser
2018 Excellence in Fundraising
Jenea Oliver, Children’s Mercy
2018 Avant Garde Award for Innovation in Fundraising
Tiffany STuck and Erica Ostroski, Big Brothers Big Sisters